88M Truck Driver
Job ID: 1054497
Job Views: 8
Location: TOPEKA, Kansas, United States
ZIP Code: 66619
Job Category: Transportation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
As a Truck Driver in the Army National Guard, you are the backbone of military support. By transporting cargo and supplies, you'll play an integral role in keeping the Guard moving forward.
In this role, you will operate all wheeled vehicles and equipment over various terrain and roadways; manage load, unload, and safety of personnel being transported; employ defense techniques; identify, correct, or report vehicle deficiencies; and prepare vehicles for movement/shipment by air, rail, or vessel.
* Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers
* Employ convoy defense techniques
* Experience in driver education
* Interest in driving and mechanics
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with trucking, moving, or bus companies as a tractor, trailer, heavy truck, or bus driver.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Truck Driver consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which includes practice in driving several types of military vehicles. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Associated topics: great training, no cdl needed, no experience, no experience necessary, no experience required, recent graduate, student, student driver, training available, will train