You will be the owner of revenue driven projects from the point of project award to completion. Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, scope, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with all necessary departments to create an overall plan for the project identifying key delivery milestones to both internal and external shareholders.
- Work with the client, engineering, planning, procurement, production, and quality control in the planning and execution of the project plan.
- Fully understand contract deliverables to the customer including product delivery, documentation requirements, monthly schedule updates, payment milestones, quality control, inspections and delivery terms.
- Escalate issues to appropriate department/level of management based on circumstances to ensure the goals of the project are being met.
- Track project scope changes/back charges and other changes that affect the profitability of the project.
- Complete Monthly Updates to the customer, Bi-weekly updates to internal shareholders, and Weekly updates to the team as required to ensure the success of the project.
- Understand and comply with all HSE, Compliance and other Company Policies.
- Must know Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and technical procedures and work instructions as it applies to the position.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by the supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years experience as a project manager with a record of successful projects
- PMP certification highly desired
- Ability to read engineering/production drawings with a high emphasis on welding construction of mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to read client detailed specifications, identify applicable and non-applicable points, then translate requirement into actions.
- Ability to view multiple steps in advance of the project, creating a path for the project success.
- Full understanding of the cost/benefits of decisions to support both the success of the project and the overall objects of the business unit and company.
- High ability to influence personnel and departments to achieve overall goals of the project.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Detailed driven to find root causes of problems within the project and develop the appropriate solutions.
- Ability to provide concise insights to project status, upcoming milestones and expected results.
- Must be a self-starter, innovative and able to work independently as well as in teams to solve problems
- Understanding of mechanical design, mechanical drawing standards to define fabrication processes experience reviewing manufacturing processes and to identify problems and improvement opportunities
- Ability to prepare cost and labor estimates as well as business cases for investing in capital equipment
- PC skills including MS Office, MS Project, and SAP
Associated topics: account representative, administrative and operational support, business, clerical, manager, office, operation, operational, payable, payroll