Reports to: Shift Supervisor.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for carrying out the production schedule requirements, utilizing available resources, in a manner which ensures the utmost safety, quality, efficiency and adherence to all company policies.
* Ensure all employees are using the proper Personal Protection Equipment defined for use in their jobs;
* Ensure employees are practicing safe working habits and report any and all accidents immediately;
* Detail work assignments to the employees within the department to meet our delivery expectations;
* Immediately highlight constraints to the department's ability to meet the scheduled production;
* Perform spot checks, daily, on items such as first articles and visual rejects;
* Ensure employees are trained to perform their duties in a safe, productive and accurate manner;
* Provide assistance to the Production Supervisor, Shift Supervisor and other Department Leads as needed, in the forms of staffing and projects;
* Ensure department adherence to the Company's attendance, break, safety and other policies;
* Provide feedback on department employees for use in employee performance evaluations;
* Participate in department employee performance appraisals; and
* Operate equipment, as required.
Other Important Responsibilities:
* Provide immediate feedback to Shift Supervisor on all issues, constraints and injuries;
* Timely Corrective Action response and resolution to relevant situations;
* Engage and support companywide Safety and Cleanliness programs; and
* Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
* Minimum 2 years of experience;
* High School Graduate preferred.
* Ability to relate to employees and understand their needs;
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
* Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check own work;
* Excellent time management skills;
* Task oriented excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load;
* Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, self-motivated, creative and innovative;
* Excellent problem solving skills; and
Physical qualifications and work environment:
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs;
* Must be able to sustain office work as needed including the following:
* Sitting in an office chair
* Reaching for the telephone
* Standing at office equipment
* Hearing for phone use
* Sight for computer use
* Must be able to sustain factory work for 8+ hours per day including the following:
* Standing at machinery
* Reaching and pulling to operate machinery
* Sight for machinery operation
* Walking through shop
* Office environment is of moderate noise level.
* Shop noise levels are such that protective ear-coverings are recommended.
Associated topics: emr, environment, environmental, fault, hazard, hospital, nursing, treatment, wastewater, water