Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
The DPS Team is looking for an experienced JAVA developer. The developer should be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and collaborate with the balance of the team as needed.
The DPS Team is developing mission critical web services for its clients as well as performing enhancements to existing web services, previously developed by the team. The DPS Team operates completely in the cloud.
The developer should be able to interface with customers during planning sessions, technical exchanges, and other customer focused activities.
Demonstrated professional experience building RESTful Web Service APIs,
Demonstrated professional experience designing & working with relational databases (eg. MySQL).
Familiarity with continuous build, continuous deployment and other DevOps tools and methodologies
Additional Desired Skills:
Demonstrated professional experience creating HTML5 user interfaces utilizing frameworks such as Angular, JQuery & Bootstrap.
Familiarity with source control tools.
Demonstrated professional experience implementing queuing technologies such as Java Message Service (JMS)
Familiarity with the customer's cloud infrastructure, hands on experience preferred
Experience with Accessibility Standards and Tools to ensure the software is compliant with the customer's accessibility standards.
Experience working in an Agile Development Environment particularly with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred.
1. Assists in the design and coding of software product components, units, and modules according to detailed specifications.
2. Participates in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or enhancing existing software.
3. Participates in the analysis and development of test plans.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Participates in the writing and updating of technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
6. Participates in systems modeling, simulation and analysis.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.