This six month program is responsible for developing individuals to become a Relationship Banker II within the retail network. Plays key role in Customer Experience (efficient transactions, Lobby Experience, EasyDeposit migration, account maintenance and service beyond expectations), Relationship Management (customer assessments, profiling for sales opportunities, account opening and lead-focused outbound calling) and Risk Management (audit requirements, fraud prevention, Know Your Customer (KYC), customer information profile (CIP) and branch operations). Profiles customers to identify financial needs, across all product and service lines, resolves service issues, and completes accurate and timely processing of teller transactions.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- This six month program encompasses a combination of structured classroom sessions, as well as web-based and on-the-job practical training.
- Training is focused on developing advanced selling skills, improving communication and learning relationship management techniques.
- Training also encompasses learning how to manage a portfolio of customers and key aspects of the relationship life-cycle. Meet with customers entering the branch to assess and identify customers' immediate and long-term financial needs; present all appropriate options and complete the sale and/or referral of products and services as appropriate. Develop new customer relationships and/or retain and expand existing relationships by proactively identifying customer opportunities utilizing fundamentals of M&T Bank's sales process to achieve personal sales and/or referral goals.
- Receive support, mentoring and coaching from retail leadership and alumni of the program to ensure integration of learned skills and assimilation into the Company's culture. Support Bank guidelines for delivering and coaching exceptional customer experience including proactively greeting customers, smiling, using their name and ending each interaction (whether in person or phone) by saying \"Thank you for banking with M&T, is there anything else I can do for you today (customer name)?\" Maintain a professional manner to build customer confidence and trust.
- Conduct lead-focused outbound calls and participate in branch sales promotions as requested by management.
- Follow consumer guidelines for accuracy and proper new account handling and exception processing.
- Process a variety of Retail and Commercial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and check cashing in a timely and efficient manner.
- Verify check endorsements and funds availability and disburse cash to customers in the conduct of transactions and according to policy. Issue receipts to customers for transactions processed to provide a record of activity. Balance daily work, adhering to all procedures stated in the Employee Difference policy.
- Participate in the Lobby Experience Model, serving as assigned person (based on branch facility design), as scheduled, to welcome the customer, work with or direct them as appropriate based on their identified needs and encourage utilization of self-service channels.
- Take ownership of account servicing and error resolution, including resolving routine customer problems and referring more complex issues to supervisor. Follow-up on these issues as required to ensure timely and accurate resolution and convert servicing situations to sales/referral opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures to support preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- Demonstrate teamwork by proactively assisting other branch colleagues when needed as well as actively participating and contributing during Branch Team meetings.
- Study to obtain life and health insurance licenses.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining registration requirements under the Federal SAFE Act.
The Sales Development Program (SDP) is designed to help launch qualified individuals into a sales career in financial services, while also learning the service and operational components within a branch.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors' degree or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 4 years' higher education and/or work experience.
Ability to travel overnight for up to a week at a time, three times during the six month training period.
Well-organized with time management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
Strong working knowledge of financial services products.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of personnel using tact and diplomacy.Education and Experience Preferred:
Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
Experience working in a customer service or sales role in financial services.
Bi-Lingual based on branch needs.
Associated topics: bank, finance, financial advisor, investment, merchant service, merchant service solution, mortgage, payment management solution, stock broker, treasury