It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Director of Taxation
Marlin Capital Solutions? is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
The Director of Taxation will have overall responsibility for all of Marlin's tax functions, including tax planning, tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, and the management of the property and sales and use tax functions. This individual will also oversee the specific tax aspects of Marlin's financial reporting, securitization programs and special projects. The Director of Taxation will ensure strong communication flow and will optimize Marlin's tax position through the performance of strategic tax planning, tax risk management and quality control.
* Prepare entity level tax forecasts for use in Marlin's strategic planning process
* Proactively enact strategies to optimize Marlin's effective tax rate and support its long-term strategic objectives
Income Tax Accounting:
* Oversee the preparation and review of current and deferred federal and state tax provisions on a quarterly and annual basis for assigned companies in a bank holding company and bank subsidiary hierarchy
* Maintain controls to support the analysis of the deferred tax position and the realization of gross and tax effected temporary differences
* Oversee the preparation of the effective tax rate calculation on a consolidated and separate company basis
* Support the preparation of financial statement footnotes and appropriate tax disclosures for inclusion in Forms 10Q and 10K
* Maintain operational and financial reporting controls in accordance with regulatory requirements
* Manage outsourced relationships for the preparation of federal and state income tax returns
* Manage outsourced relationships for federal, state and non-income tax filings coordinating the consolidation of all subsidiary and parent information for the federal return.
* Review U.S. federal income and state income tax returns
* Manage and resolve controversies from taxing authorities
* Facilitate quarterly and annual federal and state income tax estimates and extensions
* Manage the process for coordinating, responding to and resolving federal and state income tax audits.
* Manage sales tax and property tax teams, ensuring proper compliance, controls, and operations
* Researches various tax issues to provide support for tax positions taken
* Maintain legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws
* Develop and mentor the Tax team
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, Master's degree in Taxation preferred
* CPA required
* Practical income tax experience in a public accounting environment or with a financial services industry participant
* Experience preparing and reviewing US federal and state income tax returns
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Ability to perform analysis and solve problems
Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with competing priorities
Tax Director (Unfilled)
Associated topics: associate director, chief financial officer, director, finance director, general manager, general operational manager, general operations manager, manage, supervise, vice president