A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's?, SNICKERS?, TWIX?, MILKY WAY?, DOVE?, PEDIGREE?, ROYAL CANIN?, WHISKAS?, EXTRA?, ORBIT?, 5?, SKITTLES?, UNCLE BEN'S?, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA?. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD? Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl?, VCA? and Pet Partners?. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Business Change Manager
Location: US (Mount Olive NJ or Chicago, IL) and UK (Slough)
The Mars Global Services (MGS) Business Change Center of Excellence (COE) provides frameworks, advisory, tools and services to enable Mars Projects and Programs to deliver effectively, bring value quickly and create sustainable change. Associates in this team balance functional experience and expertise with a robust understanding of the Mars culture and organisation.
The role exists to support and scale quality, best practice Project Management and Agile Delivery for Mars Global Services and its respective internal customers.
* Delivers training, support workshops and advisory engagements to drive effective Business Change across MGS and its customers. Examples of such engagements include:
* Project Kick-Off
* Agile Capability Workshop
* Agile Suitability Assessment
* Project Health Assessment
* Post Project Reviews
* Ensures that MGS continually improves its Project Management and Agile approach and continually improves its learning offerings and self-serve/virtual guidance for Business Change roles.
* Manages the design, development, implementation and continuous improvement of Project Management and Agile Delivery knowledge for MGS. This includes but is not limited to: the Mars Change SharePoint and Yammer community and learning and development content on MyMarsU. Plus, all relevant support materials to be leveraged by Associates in Project Management and Agile Delivery roles.
* Proactively works with industry leaders in Project Management and Agile Delivery, The role holder will build and develop a mutual relationship with these organisations. The purpose of these relationships will be to bring new knowledge on Business Change into Mars, keep up with emerging trends and benchmark our standards and practices with other organisations. In return, the role holder will actively participate in external events to contribute to developing industry practices.
* Seeks opportunities to scale the impact of the role through influence, key relationships and organisational agility.
* Functional coach and mentor for Associates in Project Management and Agile Delivery roles
* Bachelor s Degree in relevant field (Business Management / Digital Technology)
* PRINCE2 Practitioner or Project Management Professional *PMP
* Agile certification(s) including PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner, PMP-ACP, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) (A-CSM) / Certified Product Owner (CPO) (A-CPO) (CSPO) (A-CSPO)
* Prosci Change Management Practitioner
* 3 + years with hands-on experience in Project Management and Agilie Delivery across a range of functions/technology/customers is essential. Experience of both successful and unsuccessful change activities is highly desired.
* Hands-on experience of Design Thinking techniques is highly desired
* Strong facilitation and presentation skills are essential to the success of the role holder.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task