CARNEY'S POINT, NJ
Competitive Pay - depends on position and experience.
Managers receive health, dental, vision, and life insurance beginning day 1.
See full application for job summaries for each position.
We strive to create an environment for success,
where teammates can truly grow personally and professionally.
Responsible for the dispatch operations in the Transportation Department.
* Interpret and monitor compliance for policies, regulations and best practices for the driver population including (logging hours of service regulations, delivery and credit policies, etc.).
* Fill routes based on driver availability daily using the standby and extraboard lists and then develop and update driver and driver helper dispatch schedule daily.
* Provides input on hiring, firing, and performance of a large population of drivers.
* Set up daily tractor/trailer assignments for drivers.
* Provide work direction for a large group of drivers on a daily basis. May be the only person providing direction during certain times.
* Provide daily contact for customers, especially in the evening when customer service is not available. This includes resolving driver/store conflicts.
* Provides guidance for drivers to waiver from company policies or best practices (i.e. a customer wants to make a return outside company policy).
* Prepare daily records, communications, and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports and Department of Transportation (DOT) files.
* Complete transportation paperwork including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps etc.
* Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
* Verify equipment \"readiness\" with Transportation Shop.
* Call customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
* Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
* Possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to discuss dispatch issues with drivers, customers and managers.
WAREHOUSE MAINTENANCE/MECHANIC I
* Must be available to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
* Conveyor experience highly preferred.
* Electrical/refrigeration experience highly preferred.
Entry-level training and development position. This description is for mechanics that are required to perform troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance actions on all material handling equipment (MHE) and other facility support systems.
WHY JOIN McLANE
INDUSTRY-LEADING 401(K) WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY-PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE AFTER 90 DAYS
HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION AND LIFE INSURANCE BEGIN AFTER 60 DAYS.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Have a High School Diploma or GED
Specific requirements vary by position
McLane requires pre-employment testing including a drug test and background check
Associated topics: 911, customer service, dispatch, dispatcher, emd, emt, police, public safety, service representative, telecommunicator