The Public Relations (PR) Manager is responsible for managing the company's reputation with the public, the mortgage industry and key stakeholders. PR Manager will oversee the efforts in building and enhancing a favorable image of the company in our respective markets, as well creating a strong image for the corporation and its subsidiary businesses in order to strengthen brand, create interest and support growth. PR Manager is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive public relations plan, including crisis communications planning and execution, and will be a primary contact between the company and the media.
Primary responsibilities include researching and responding to day-to-day inquiries, identifying proactive media opportunities, developing and executing communications plans and working with with internal departments to promote business opportunities and resolve public relations issues quickly and effectively. Experience with integrated communications including web and social media channels is preferred. JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage relationships with a variety of media, including national, trade and local media representatives.
- Collaborates with internal departments to identify and pitch story ideas to the media.
- Responds to media inquiries from reporters and maintains strong relationships with media.
- Works with key internal personnel to address media enquiries related to customer matters.
- Responsible for consulting, writing, editing and distributing effective news releases, coordinating interviews and generating speaking opportunities.
- Develops and maintains media background kits as needed.
- Liaise with legal teams to ensure compliance in external communications.
- Attends media related events and serves as company spokesperson on occasion.
- Responsible for tracking and evaluating media coverage and promptly communicating coverage to executives; tracks media sentiment an ongoing basis to adjust PR plans as appropriate.
- Maintains and executes crisis communications plans, to include the development of holding statements, press releases, talking points and other supporting communications, as needed.
- Assists on corporate communications projects that may include writing assignments and project leadership on cross-functional teams, including collaborating at all levels to develop company responses to key issues for internal and external audiences.
- Works collaboratively with the Corporate Communications team and other key internal stakeholders to ensure PR activities are effectively promoted across multiple channels and audiences.
- BA degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or Communications required
- 7+ years professional experience working with the media
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in financial services; mortgage industry experience preferred
- Comfortable interacting with Corporate and Business Unit Senior Leadership Team
- Strong understanding of how to position and build company brand
- Experience responding to and handling media enquiries
- Experience with digital media, including web and social, to support PR efforts
- Demonstrated ability to write and/or copyedit effective press releases and other supporting communications
- Ability to generate new ideas for effective communication
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with key members of the media
- Ability to understand and interpret complex matters and technical products into simplified terms
- Knowledge of news wire services and media monitoring tools
- Ability to represent the company in front of the media
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Primary Location
Associated topics: account executive, business development, design, graphic, media, public, public affairs, relation, sales, social media