Principal, Media and Digital Marketing
The Principal role has the primary responsibility for consulting with customers and salespeople to drive new business in the Media and Audience suite of services. This includes consumer and HCP measurement, ad planning, and audience development. This position is focused on expanding the Symphony footprint in analytic and consulting solutions through thought leadership and through sales and delivery of client projects for the media customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Consults with customers and salespeople to drive new business development to meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
* Cultivates and develops relationships with agencies, media companies, publishers and others involved in the sale, and delivery of life-science advertising. Promotes Symphony capabilities to build awareness and support sales growth.
* Creates client-specific solutions by leveraging full suite of Symphony offerings and capabilities, including solution architecture, documenting approach and articulating business value of the solution.
* Leads new customer projects to ensure quality and timing of results by participating in the project kick-off and status meetings; ensuring a smooth transition to the Consultant or Engagement Manager and Analyst team; provides consultation and leadership to the Consultant to ensure design, fulfillment, and execution of projects; presenting the final work product to the customer upon completion.
* Serves as a Media practice area subject matter expert to sales and other areas in the organization by educating internal resources on appropriate client-focused solutions.
* Provides mentoring and coaching to Consultants and/or Engagement Managers regarding subject matter expertise, methodological approaches, solutions value and how to advance and close sales cycles. Informal training and coaching of analysts and customer service personnel as part of normal course of business to ensure knowledge is shared and disseminated into the organization. This position is responsible for conducting formal training sessions upon request.
* Contributes to new product development within the Media and Commercial Effectiveness practice area that meets customer needs by identifying gaps in current offerings. Drives innovation through custom engagements with client including new product concepts and context solutions. Works with product managers and business unit team to translate unmet client requirements into business and functional specifications; participating in product design discussions, evaluating prototypes, and engaging in beta testing.
* Develops and maintains expert level knowledge of the Media practice area by staying up-to-date with leading edge client business needs and solutions.
* Participates in and drives thought leadership within and of the organization.
* Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, research-based social science, statistics, or pharmacology.
* Preferred: Master's Degree in business, marketing, research-based social science, statistics, pharmacology, or quantitative methods.
* 10+ years' experience, including a combination of agency / media, pharmaceutical and consulting analytics.
* Consulting, project management, leadership, and/or sales experience.
* Experience using or designing media solutions for Commercial Effectiveness analytics.
* Deep understanding of the various approaches to measuring media effectiveness including digital, TV and Point-of-Care
* Consistent achievement of sales quotas or other quantitative objectives.
* Consultative selling approach.
* Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline.
* Leading cross-functional groups to create analytic solutions.
* Creating analytics-based solutions based on client needs.
* Working with complex patient and HCP datasets to create information and solutions with little guidance or oversight.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Expert level knowledge of the healthcare industry in the Media and Audience practice area.
* MUST be experienced in Media Measurement (Digital, TV).
* Quantitative or data expertise; ability to create solutions out of data
* Expertise in specific therapeutic categories.
* Sales process and activities.
* Strong communication skills, including written and oral communication.
* Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
* Critical Thinking - uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Complex Problem solving - review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Local and some national - 50%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They're not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.