* Understand the power of cause and effect? * Understand with your job that you are a part of something bigger? * Want to come to a place every day where you build relationships that inspire trust and foster cooperation? * Want to work quickly AND efficiently? * Have the inherent ability to recognize the human element of the healthcare profession?
If you answered yes to these questions, then RCA is the place for you!
For over 24 years, RCA's employees have been dedicated advocates for hospitals and the patients they serve. We are looking to add to our superior team with our opening for a Patient Support Representative. The ideal candidate will provide the highest quality of service to our client partner.
* Screen all self-pays for determination of possible 3rd party assistance and/or charity care. All in-house patients will be screened bedside. * Complete 3rd party assistance applications with patient and/or family while in-house. * Accurately predict and assist patient in obtaining all necessary documents to complete application. * Scheduling agency appointments for patients when necessary. * Update the patient's file and appropriate computer systems each time the account is worked. * Acting as liaison between patient, hospital, and agency during the application determination process. * Assistance with the completion of daily, weekly and monthly reports (both internal and external). * Additional job responsibilities include processing return mail, filing, scanning, faxing, mass mail-outs, ordering supplies, and any additional duties as assigned.
* Adhere to both company and facility policies in regard to appropriate access and patient confidentiality. * Utilize verbal and written communication skills effectively in interactions with patients, third party payers and any and all hospital personnel. * Constantly provide outstanding service to all patients, hospital staff, co-workers and guests.
Ideal candidates will provide the highest quality of Customer Service to patients, hospital staff, co-workers, agencies and guests. Candidate qualifications include, but not limited to:
* At least 1-2 years Customer Service experience, preferably in a healthcare setting, with both face-to-face and phone interaction * Bilingual (Spanish) required * Prior Medicaid experience a plus * Bachelor's Degree a plus * Must be able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment * Demonstrated skill in utilization of office equipment including computers * Must be self-motivated, dependable and reliable
Employees will reflect the values of Resource Corporation of America and exceed those of Client Hospitals. This includes but is not limited to adhering to policies on appropriate access, respecting patients' confidentiality, and upholding Resource Corporation's code of ethics.
Looking for great benefits?
In addition to competitive salary, RCA offers one of the best benefits packages in the business, including compensated time off, six paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits. Also offered is 401K, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and many other supplemental policy options for you to choose from!
RCA employees also enjoy the following perks:
* Teladoc - Free 24/7 access to on-demand doctors for non-emergency consultations for employees and their immediate family members. * Verizon Wireless customer? RCA employees are eligible for a 22% discount through Verizon Wireless. * Travel discounts through our affiliated partners. * Discounted insurance rates through Liberty Mutual * Access to discount offers for movie tickets, theme parks, sporting events, shows and much more!
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.