MVP SFM, LLC-APEX SPORTS AND EVENTS
LOCATION: Hillsborough, NJ
DEPARTMENT: SPORTS AND PROGRAMMING
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
STATUS: FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)
MVP SFM, LLC (\"MVP\") is accepting applications for the position of Sports Director at Apex Sports and Events located in Hillsborough Township, NJ.
MVP SFM, LLC (\"MVP\") includes approximately 200,000 sq. ft of covered indoor space and outdoor turf fields. The indoor space will be comprised of a 100,000 sq. ft hard structure featuring courts, climbing, FEC, F&B, Ninja Training. MVP SFM, LLC also includes two domes, one featuring a full-size indoor turf field and the other featuring batting cages and sports performance training.
The Sports Director will be in charge of the organization and running of the facility's sports and non-sports programs, including leagues, tournaments, clinics, camps, after-school programs, and any other programs as assigned. The Sports Director will work closely with the individual leaders of each program as well as other internal departments in order to successfully accomplish these responsibilities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Plan, develop and execute the facility's sports programs (and curriculum), camps, leagues, and tournaments
* Lend support to other Sports Coordinators and Coaches
* Manage ongoing facility schedule
* Develop programming to target various markets ranging from a corporate, group, adult/youth/family, and special interest groups
* Develop and manage program budgets
* Create and develop sales initiatives and goals for leagues, tournaments, special events, etc.
* Generate sales through networking, building relationships, and creating strategic alliances
* Track and report weekly sales totals
* Oversee all aspects of programs and special activities
* Work with third-party partners to maximize revenue and attract events
* Hire, train, manage and motivate staff
* Actively participates in other operational functions as necessary, including but not limited to event setup and execution, attending all scheduled events and meetings, assisting other departments during outside or special events, etc.
* All other duties assigned by management
* Experience coaching/teaching both youth and adult sports
* Must have a proven track record of developing, marketing, and selling recreation and training programs
* Must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and negotiating skills within a fast-paced environment
* Must be a team player
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must have excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, nights, and holidays
* Must possess current CPR/FIRST AID certifications or must be willing and able to obtain them within a specified period of time
* A bachelor's degree in recreation, sports management or related field with 3-5 years appropriate experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds' waist high
* May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time whether indoors or outdoors, and squat, stoop or bend
* Will be required to operate a computer
* Facility has intermittent noise
Associated topics: director, director of operations, facilities, facilities management, facilities manager, facility operations, management, manager, team leader, operations management