The Group Exercise Instructor (GEI) directly impacts member retention by providing a positive studio experience. This is accomplished through rapport, thoughtful group coaching and effective management of all studio logistics.
The Group Exercise Instructor role achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Models the core attributes of a successful employee with the utmost integrity, lives the mission and empowers others to do the same; focused on building meaningful relationships with members, their kids and team members.
* Modeling and promoting the 4 Clubhouse Rules. * Adhering to all TSI policies and procedures including, but not limited to timeliness, codes of conduct, dress and timekeeping. * Create a welcoming environment by greeting returning participants and always welcoming new participants. * Ensure class coverage when unavailable to teach.
Build a High Performing Team
Actively facilitates self and team member development; constantly seeking new ways to build skills and competency; elevates the brand experience.
* Teaching group exercises classes that are safe, effective, fun, and motivating for members. * Ensuring the studio is free of clutter. * Choosing music selections that are appropriate for the class format. * Ensuring all necessary equipment is present in the group exercise studio and notify the manager if additional supplies or equipment are required. * Responding to member feedback with timeliness.
Achieve Measurable Results
Meets and exceeds company goals and metrics surrounding employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
* Maintaining appropriate certifications for class delivery. * Attending regular club meetings to understand environmental needs. * Actively promoting class participation.
Required Skills and Experience
* TSI approved certification for any class being taught. * AED/CPR Certification. * Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of clubs, repetitive squatting, bending and lifting (e.g., 40 - 60 lbs.), restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as part of a personal fitness workout.
Associated topics: adventure, cg, comedy, crew, film staff, music staff, romance, studio crew, science fiction, tv
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.