Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverables, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
The Information Technology Supervisor is primarily responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Customer facing applications. The Supervisor is also responsible for planning, coordinating, evaluating, approving, and implementing software and infrastructure changes required to deliver Customer facing applications to the production environments.
The Information Systems Monitoring Supervisor will engage in the following responsibilities listed below.
* Together with all other IT Supervisors and Managers, maintain a 24x7x365 on-call schedule.
* Supervise the day-to-day activities of all team members.
* Lead goal planning, meet with each team member individually at least once every two weeks, provide feedback and guidance, conduct performance reviews, and provide development opportunities for each team member.
* Evaluate processes and policies for effectiveness and implement changes as required to meet the primary objective.
* Ensure each team member is trained on IT, ISEC, and Release Management policies and are following those policies.
* Ensure each team member is trained on basic ITIL principles and are using those principles to guide their day-to-day activities.
* Participate in enterprise wide capacity planning for IT systems supporting Customer facing applications.
* Participate in finance projects to plan and manage expenses related to platform capacity.
* Ensure performance, scalability, automation, and security defects are documented and acknowledged by development for remediation.
* Lead the annual application readiness projects for those applications assigned to the team.
* Lead or participate in incident response, triage, and remediation for all service disruptions of applications assigned to the team.
* Ensure the team is utilizing automation as much as possible. When automation is not possible ensure adequate human process is developed to ensure a very high percentage of success, fault detection, and failure avoidance. When automation is not immediately possible, coordinate the development of automation as desired state.
* Learn and understand all business objectives related to the Customer facing applications being supported by the team. Lead all activities towards those objectives and do not compromise the Customer experience for any reason.
The Information Technology Supervisor may, from time to time, be tasked with additional duties relating to information systems. This may include participating in a go to market team for a new application, participating in projects related to internal security and compliance, evaluating new platforms for potential use, and participating in expense reduction audits within the enterprise.
* Bachelor's degree preferred (any) and 5 years of information technology experience or military occupational specialty equivalent
* 3+ years-of demonstrated experience in information technology system administration.
* Experience as a supervisor in an IT field required.
* Experience with directing contributors in a project setting.
* Experience in networking technologies.
* Experience with IT systems administration.
* Experience with IT automation through powershell, vbscript, or other tools.
* Experience with governance, IT general control framework, Cobit, ITIL, etc...
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Direct experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems required.
* Direct experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS preferred.
* Direct experience with server virtualization required.
* Direct experience with applications utilizing Microsoft SQL preferred.
* Direct experience with applications hosted in a web farm required.
* Direct experience with Information Security standards is preferred.
* Direct experience with supporting enterprise scale ecosystems preferred.
* Ensure that decisions are data-driven, recommend innovative & effective strategies.
* Execute against stated goals and objectives.
* Contribute to a collaborative environment.
* Contribute to an innovative culture, taking calculated risks as appropriate.
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of ?4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled